Happy Tours is a tour operator and travel wholesaler with over 20 years of experience in car rentals. We specialize in leisure and business clients traveling to the United States and Canada, and due to our volume sales with major nationwide car rental companies we are able to offer deeply discounted and promotional rentals.

What kind of Driver's License do I need in order to rent a car in the U.S.?

The only Driver License (driving permit) accepted to rent a car in the U.S. (up to 15 passengers) is your original and official driver's license from your country of residence, along with your passport. The drivers license must be valid for the entire rental period.The International Driving Permit by itself will not be sufficient to rent a car, since the International Driving permit is only considered to be a translation of the original National License, and although it is recommended, it is not required.

Are these rates guaranteed or will I have to pay any additional charges other than the amount on my confirmation voucher?

In order to guarantee the promotional rates listed below, we strongly recommend completing the reservation as soon as possible. These promotional rates are subject to change without previous notice and will only be guaranteed once the reservation is confirmed. There are no mandatory charges in addition to the amount shown on your confirmation voucher, however, upon vehicle pickup, the rental agent may offer additional services and insurance coverages, as well as vehicle category upgrades. Such services are optional and shall be refused by the customer if not interested. The non acceptance of such optional services does not impede the customer from renting the vehicle. Carefully read the rental contract before signing to make sure that only requested services have been included, because once any optional services have been accepted the total rental charges will be altered and no amounts will be refunded.

What are the age requirements for renting a car?

In order to rent a car in the United States and Canada, and qualify for these promotional rates, the renter must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license from the country of residence (non-U.S.), and a major credit card in his/her name. The minimum age for renting a car in the United States is 21. However, drivers between the ages of 21 and 24 will be charged an underage fee of U$ 35.00 p/day in addition to the regular rental charges.

What is TollPass?

All Alamo, Hertz, Avis, National, Budget, Thrifty, Dollar and Enterprise vehicles in the State of Florida are already equipped with the TollPass Service (SunPass / EZ Pass) . This toll service allows drivers to utilize the express lanes without having to stop at the toll booths. The cost of the toll charges and administrative fees associated with this service are not included in the published rates and will be charged to your credit card separately, if the service is utilized.

- Alamo, National and Enterprise TollPass Convenience Charge is a $3.95 charge for each day you use a toll express lane on roadways covered by our TollPass provider, up to a maximum of $19.75 per rental, plus the cost of all unpaid tolls.

- Hertz TollPass Convenience Charge is a $5.95 per day if you use a toll express lane on roadways covered by our TollPass provider, plus the cost of all unpaid tolls.

- Avis and Budget TollPass Convenience Charge is a $3.95 for each day of the rental, including any days on which e-Toll is not used, up to a maximum of $19.75 per rental month, plus incurred tolls at the cash rate.

- Thrifty & Dollar TollPass Convenience Charge is a $15.00 (Florida - $9.99 per occurrence) charge for each time you use a toll express lane on roadways covered by our TollPass provider, up to a maximum of $90.00 per rental, plus the cost of all unpaid tolls.

Where can I view my TollPass charges?

Drivers may keep track of the amount of Toll charges being debited to their credit cards on the following websites:

- Alamo, Avis, Budget, National and Enterprise: www.htallc.com

- Hertz, Thrifty and Dollar: www.platepass.com/receipt

How can I pay for my rental vehicle?

All car rental reservations confirmed by Happy Tours are to be paid directly to the rental car company at the time the vehicle is collected (picked up). Payment is accepted via major credit cards (Visa, Master, Amex & Discover) in the renters name.

Can I rent a car without credit card?

No. All renters must present a credit card as a form of payment guarantee at the time the vehicle is collected, however, you may choose to pay by cash at the end of the rental, when vehicle is returned. Only airport locations accept cash payment at the end of the rental.

Can I rent a car without insurance?

No, all rental plans offered by Happy Tours are promotional rates which already include the CDW/LDW insurance coverages; therefore, no insurance exclusions are allowed. For additional information regarding insurance coverage please visit our website's Terms & Conditions section.

What does insurance with No Deductible mean?

No deductible is the same as no excess. In other words, in case of an accident, the renter will not be required to make a co payment, since the insurance will cover for all expenses within the limits of the insurance coverage.

Where should I pick-up/return my rental car at the Port of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale & Cape Canaveral?

At the Miami, Ft. Lauderdale & Cape Canaveral cruise ports there are no rental car company facilities on the premises. However, the rental car companies provide a Free Shuttle service between the cruise passenger terminal and the car rental locations (to and from). All rental vehicles must be picked up and returned at the car rental facility outside of the port. The free shuttle service runs on a continuous basis; therefore, there is no need to make reservations for this shuttle service.

Where shall I collect the rental vehicle at the Miami Airport?

At the Miami Airport all car rental companies are located at the airport's RCC Terminal. To reach the RCC terminal you must follow the signs indicating MIA Station and board the MIA Mover (metromover), which is located on the 3rd level of the airport's main terminal - between the Flamingo & Dolphin parking buildings. Deboard at the MIC Station and follow the signs to the rental car company's counter at the RCC terminal. The metrover service is free and operates 24hrs a day

Where shall I collect the rental vehicle at the JFK Airport?

The car rental facilities at JFK Airport are all located at the Federal Circle.To get to Federal Circle at the JFK Airport, passengers will have to take the AirTrain service to Station C. The JFK AirTrain is an automatic train service that circulates throughout the entire grounds of the airport. Additionally, arriving passengers can ask information about the car rental companies at any of the arrival sections in all terminals of the JFK Airport. The official counters at the terminals will provide guidance about how to rent a car and get to Federal Circle car rental lots.

What kind of vehicle documents will I receive when I collect the vehicle?

In the U.S. the only rental vehicle documents that you will receive at the time the vehicle is picked up will be the rental agreement contract. The rental agreement is the only document you will need, and all necessary information pertaining to the vehicle's registration, which you may need to present to the local authorities if requested, will be included in the rental agreement.

What is an additional driver?

An additional driver is a person authorized to drive the rental vehicle, other than the primary driver (renter). All additional drivers must meet the rental qualifications with respect to age and licensing. Most rental car companies charge an additional driver fee of U$13.00 p/day p/additional driver, however, some rental plans allow one additional driver at no cost. The names of all additional drivers must be added to the contract at the time the vehicle is being picked up (retrieved) or at any time during the rental period at a car rental office. The primary driver and additional driver must both be present.

Can I rent a child seat?

All car rental companies affiliated with Happy Tours offer child seat rentals as an optional service at an average price of $13.00 p/day up to a maximum of $90.00 p/rental (plus applicable taxes). By law the use of child seats is only mandatory for children 5 years of age or younger. Only one (1) child seat may be requested at the time the reservation request is being submitted and additional child seats may be requested directly at the counter upon collecting vehicle (vehicle pick-up).

With how much fuel will I receive the vehicle?

Common practice among car rental companies in the U.S. is to deliver the rental vehicle with a full tank of fuel to the renter. At the time of making the reservation the customer will have the option of selecting a rental plan that already includes the first tank of fuel; therefore, the customer will be allowed to return the vehicle with any amount of fuel at no additional cost. Upon delivery of the rental vehicle the client will also have the option to either prepay for the first tank of fuel, and not have to worry about refueling before return, or to refuel at a gas station of choice before returning the vehicle. If none of the three options is selected, the rental car company will charge the renter for the cost of the missing fuel plus a refueling service charge.

Is There A Cancellation Fee?

No, reservations may be cancelled up to the scheduled time of pick-up and are free of charge.

May I rent a car in one city and return it to a different city?

Yes, in the U.S., Canada and Europe you may return a vehicle to a different city than the vehicle was rented from, within the same country. In Europe you may return the vehicle to a different country, however, there are restrictions for one way rentals between certain countries. In some cases there may be a one way drop charge, which will vary by city. The cost of the one way charge, when applicable, will be included in the total amount due indicated on your confirmation voucher.

May I cross the border with a vehicle rented in the US/Canada?

Vehicles rented in the U.S. and Canada may cross the border between both countries and be driven unrestrictedly throughout the continental United States and Canada, as long as the vehicle is returned to the original country where it was rented. Vehicles rented in the US and/or Canada may not be driven across the border into Mexico..

How can I pay for a Traffic Citation?

In the U.S., all traffic citations are issued against the driver's driving permit (driver's license) and not to the the vehicles tag (license plate). Therefore, no information will be supplied or charged to the car rental company. A moving traffic violation citation is a matter strictly between the traffic authorities and the driver of the vehicle, therefore; it is the drivers responsibility to pay for the citation and satisfy the citation requirements. Traffic violations may be paid by checks in U.S. currency that shall be mailed to the address indicated on the citation, and in many cases, depending on the city where the infraction took place, payment may be made online with a credit card.

What happens if I commit a toll infraction?

Toll Roads (roads that require payment for use) are common in many cities in the U.S . In most cases, a special lane is dedicated for vehicles equipped with a prepaid toll transponder which allows for drivers to drive by without having to stop and pay. However, when a vehicle not equipped with the transponder drives through this lane, a picture is taken of the vehicle's tag and an infraction notice is sent to the vehicle's owner (in this case the car rental company). As a result, the car rental company will charge the renters credit card for the amount of the unpaid toll charges in addition to the cost of the toll infraction, which can vary from $10 to $50 per occurrence, depending on the city and road. These charges may take up to 30 days after the vehicle is returned to appear on the customer's credit card bill.

How can I pay for a parking ticket.

In case you receive a parking citation for a parking infraction in the United States, you will have up to 30 days to pay the original amount. Instructions for payment are given on the parking ticket itself and most cities offer an online credit card payment option. If the citation is not paid within the first 30 days, then penalties and interest will be assessed and the original amount may increase as much as 200% from the original amount. If payment is not voluntarily made within the time allowed it will then be sent to the registered owner of the vehicle (car rental company), which will in turn charge the amount to the customer's credit card on file.